By simply switching to food without chemical additives, I was able to eliminate my pollen allergies, obesity, depression, anxiety, acid reflux, brain fog and feeling “hangry” before every meal. Maybe like you, I quickly found how difficult it is to find chemical-free food in the US. Most restaurants, and some grocery store chains, offer NO options without chemicals. Most doctors are not trained to offer any medical advice without synthetic drugs.
How are we going to resolve the epidemic of heart disease, obesity, cancer, dementia and Parkinson’s if only a tiny percentage of our food supply is just-food, without synthetic chemical additives? How do we fix this when doctors receive less than an hour of training in nutrition in medical school?
I believe we can make a meaningful difference, despite the magnitude of the problem. The good news is, it doesn’t hinge on what current regulations allow. We can even work around the fact that chemical companies control most of the food supply and pharmaceutical companies pay for network newscasts and medical schools.
What matters… is what we buy. Period. We have the power to instantly fire the pseudo-food manufacturer, restaurant, store and brand that is contributing to disease, suffering and deaths.
We also have the ability to influence others. But you can’t just walk up to everyone you meet and start explaining all the research you’ve read on wellnessrepair.com! So I have an idea.
I noticed this week that there isn’t a universal symbol to represent the most effective principles of health and wellness; at least not one I am aware of. Wouldn’t it be great we had a symbol or logo that meant:
- Availability of whole, natural foods
- Pasture-based, sustainable farming
- Principles of Functional Medicine
- Businesses that produce and use sustainable products that are free of GMOs, synthetic pesticides, antibiotics, added hormones, heavy metals, BPA’s and chemical ingredients.
Would you wear that pin or t-shirt? What if we designed it?! Someone needs to. Why not us?
Here’s what you can do:
- Leave a comment below describing the symbol or logo that best represents these ideas in your mind. We’ll evaluate the best ideas and select one. Then I’ll find an artist to make it. Let’s rule out single-color ribbons because all colors have been used for many causes already. Also, try to steer clear of religious or political affiliations.
- Give me your ideas for how it could best be displayed. For example, are you a pin, window decal or t-shirt or hat person? If there’s interest, I’ll figure out a way to get them made.
If we can make this work, it’ll be a simple, but powerful way amplify a message people desperately need to hear.
Are you in? If so, please join the brainstorming session. You can also go over to my Facebook page and join the discussion with others in the Wellness Repair community.
Thanks so much for your help!
Live long and well!
Jeff is the author of The Wellness Repair Plan – designed to help you optimize your endocrine, adrenal, immune and nervous systems. The result is enjoyable fat loss without food cravings, a lower risk of disease, improved mood and better mental clarity.